Tuesday 1 October 2013

I'm Better With Cake than Computers

I've spent the best part of two days trying to write my blog.  Not because of writers block, or broadband problems.  I can't even blame the cats, or the children or the weather.  Sadly, I only have myself and my magnificent lack of technological ability to blame.  And an appalling memory.  Ok, so it's been a while since I vented my musings on my blog, but I would have thought that some tiny nugget of know how would have led me down the right path eventually. But no. Again, sadly not.  Now had I been wracking my brain for the recipe for a nice Victoria Sponge there would have been no problem whatsoever.  Logical you see.  Eggs, sugar, flour, butter - mix it all together.  Voila! Cake.
Computers on the other hand clearly don't work on the principal of logic.  I try to sign in  -not surprisingly I can't remember my password from 1952. Slight exaggeration - I'm not that old.  But I might as well have been.  Twenty-seven emails (or thereabouts) later, I have a new password.  Did it work?  No.  Was it my fault?  Obviously.  Did I know how to sort it out?  Eventually.  But it took a sleepless night, a lot of alcohol and a marble cake to get me there (making one not eating it). The trouble is, now I'm here I can't actually remember what I was going to write about, which brings me back to my appalling memory.  So I apologize now for wasting your time, and hope that if I ever manage to find my way back into this twisted world of passwords and usernames, I will remember why I came here and successfully share my nugget of happiness accordingly.
I'm going to lay down now to recover. 

No comments: